6. How do I rent my house as a vacation rental?

You need to start the process with the Oneida County Planning & Zoning Office’s Administrative Review Tourist Rooming House application.  You can rent your dwelling as a tourist rooming  house in a single family zoning district for six (6) days or less. (length of rental depends on what the property is zoned). You must complete the application, designate your Resident Agent,  and pay the $250.00 fee.  The application will then be sent to the Town of Three Lakes for review  by the Plan Commission, and then sent back to the Oneida County Planning & Zoning office.  If the Plan Commission has a need for the Town Board to review the application, it will go to them prior to returning to Oneida County. Keep in mind you will also need to be inspected by the Oneida County Health Department, set up your Accommodations Tax account with the Three Lakes Treasurer, and set up your state sales tax account.  The entire process takes time, as the Plan Commission meets once a month (every 4th Tuesday of the month).  The Tourist Rooming House application can be found HERE.

You will need to complete the Town of Three Lakes’ Transient Lodging Permit Application, as well as sending in your Accommodations Tax Quarterly Report(even if you didn’t rent that quarter) to the Three Lakes Town Treasurer Lanae Kowalski.

You will need to contact the Oneida County Public Health Department once you’ve been approved by the Oneida County Planning & Zoning Department.  Click HERE for a link to the Oneida County Public Health Department’s webpage.