Election Information



Whether voting absentee or on election day, you will need to provide a photo ID

Requesting to vote absentee in any election can be done through the myvote.wi.gov website.  Please remember to complete all necessary information and upload a copy of your photo ID (NOT A SELFIE! EASIEST EXAMPLE IS TO USE YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE).  Registered voters may also send an email to [email protected] to request a ballot.  In your email you MUST STATE: your name(s); your Three Lakes address; the date(s) you want to vote absentee; the address you want your ballot(s) mailed to; and you must include a copy of your photo ID.

Appointments will be scheduled for voting Absentee-In Office two weeks prior to elections.  You must call the Clerk's Office to schedule an appointment.

When returning your absentee ballots, ALL highlighted areas must be completed on the envelope or your ballot won't count.  This includes your witness' address, even if your witness is your spouse. Absentee ballots must be returned to the Clerk's office no later than 8:00 p.m. on election day to be counted.  If you prefer to not send your ballot back through the mail in the postage-paid envelope, you may hand deliver your ballot (YOUR BALLOT ONLY; NOT YOUR SPOUSE'S) to the Clerk's Office during regular business hours prior to Election Day.  More information on absentee voting can be found on the Wisconsin Elections Commission website HERE; and guidance on absentee ballot return options can be found HERE.


Need to register or check if you're registered? Click HERE

Wisconsin Application for Absentee Voting(This must be returned to the Clerk with a copy of your photo ID if you did not request your ballot through the myvote website) Please be aware this form must be mailed back to us throughout most of the year; not dropped off at the office. 

Wisconsin Voter Registration Application (This must be returned to the Clerk with a copy of your proof of residence for the previous 28 consecutive days if you did not register through the myvote website)  Refer HERE for acceptable proof of residence items.

More information on acceptable photo ID requirements can be found HERE or on the Bring It To The Ballot website.

More information on proof of residence  vs. photo ID can be found HERE

Want to know what ward and district you live in? Click HERE to view the Three Lakes ward map.

What are the different elections?

Spring Primary: nonpartisan primary held on the third Tuesday of February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the spring election.

Spring Election: election held on the first Tuesday in April for Court of Appeals Judge, Circuit Court Judge, County Nonpartisan Offices, Municipal Offices, School District Offices, and referenda; and in Presidential years to express preference for the person  to be the presidential  candidate for each party.

Partisan Primary: primary held the second Tuesday of August to nominate candidates to be voted for at the general election and referenda.  Read HERE on how to cast your ballot at a Partisan Primary Election.

General Election: election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect the President and Vice President of the United States (in Presidential years), United States Senator, Representative in Congress, State Senator, Representative to the Assembly, District Attorney, County Partisan Offices, and referenda.