9. Why do I need to pay for my fire number (address) or range sign?

Whether you want to replace your red/white fire number (address) sign with a newer reflective one; or whether you’ve been re-addressed by Oneida County, it is your responsibility to pay for your new fire number/address sign per our ordinance HERE.  Oneida County’s Land Information office is responsible for all address re-assignments and assisting with renaming private roads.  For more information from the County’s Land Information office regarding addresses, please read HERE.  If you are looking for the fire number (address) application, please refer to our forms/permits page HERE.